Friday, June 4, 2021

A few photos of the humble beginnings and the shortcomings...

 Well I need to get caught up, have a lot of pics of the progress. It all started with a wall. I wanted to do it right and was starting with a pretty flakey wall of 100 yr old concrete. I chipped out about a hundred lbs of dust and crap and then parged and sealed the wall, sparing no expense. Everything is properly sealed and built with metal framing and then spray insulated for maximum resistance to any water leaks (I have now gone through spring and didn't get any water, so a success!) With the wall complete, we got to ainstall the main yard. The progress is rapid as I am combining parts of my fathers layout, a friend Steves layout that we disassembled and thence will add a few sections that we will do ourselves. The great thing is that almost all the framework for the bench work is there, just need to shoehorn it all in...and figure out where to put everything the layout is displacing!

The Wall...
The mess...
The slave driver chastising the migrant workers...
The lack of headroom... (This is the shortcoming, I am a headbanger I have discovered)
Using boxes of rolling stock to brace up the yard while we "glue" it to the wall...In theory I am thinking we are building a record size shelf layout!

More to come by the weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment